Monday, July 31, 2006

Preparing for War

I shall start out by noting that this is not related to the current Rolemaster game.

I have recently been building a new Tau army for Warhammer 40K and finishing off my Chaos Space Marines. The last time I played 40K was way back in 1999 and I only played one game using the 3rd edition rules. I recently bought the 4th edition of the rules as I have been meaning to get back into the game. As luck would have it, 3 weeks after I made this decision my local Games Workshop closed! Oh well.

Anyway, my original gaming partner from years ago moved back to Dumfries not long after I did and we had been meaning to get together for a game for months, but I had been dragging my heels. I saw the booklet for the Medusa V campaign that is being run this summer, and I decided I better get my act together as its looks like it could be good fun.

I have managed to put together 1200 points worth of Chaos Space Marines. I added some bits from the Chaos Vehicle sprue to a Predator Annihalator I have had for about 7 years and gave it a repaint. Those vehicle sprues are great for making vehicles look 'Chaosy'. I have eventually finished building and painting my Chaos Land Raider, which will look really good on the battlefield. These are all painted using the Black Legion colours. Eventually I want the ability to field either a Black Legion, Death Guard, or a Emperors Children force. I know it will cost a lot, but I will get there sometime.

My first game is arranged for Wednesday evening, and I hope that I don't get defeated too soundly. May Strike Force Acharon please the Chaos Powers and reign supreme over the battleground (and kill plenty of those deluded Blood Angels, especially those worthless Death Company).

No comments: