Wednesday, August 16, 2006

'You place a chill in my heart'

Another synopsis of two weeks of gaming. I really should be more dilligent in keeping this up to date.

I start out the night of the first session with a Perception roll and make a natural 100. I thought great, hopefully this continues. Did it? Did it bugger. I spent the rest of the night with no roll above the mid fifties.

On our journey to the ruins we made camp and during the night Corvus, Orophin, and Breuonor were attacked by an oversized Yucca plant. Corvus had tendrils wrapped around his ankle and woke up in extreme pain. His ankle was freezing. He started to attack the plant but he couldn't even strike a plant tendril that was wrapped around his own ankle (see what I meant about my rolls!!). Orophin tried to damage it with a firebolt to no avail. He then tried an icebolt. Again no effect. He then cast a stun cloud over it. This had an effect. At this point the human successfully teleported Orophin and Corvus out of its clutches. Corvus was very close to death and Orophin had passed out. The stun cloud continued to damage the plant and eventually killed it.

The second fight of the evening was against Gargoyles in the ruins of a town that we had been heading for. This fight was vicious and Corvus had his arm completely shredded at the very start and he passed out with only the bone holding it together. Luckily after the fight the human healed it completely. Corvus did think that humans had to be useful for something. Orophin, the human, and the dragonette Nettie showered them with firebolts taking them all out bar one. Breuonor finished the last one with his bow.

On to last weeks game. We travelled further on our journey and reached a town that had been destroyed by an essence storm. We camped there for the night. Oromis and I went for a look at the surrounding area while camp was being set up. We found some tracks that led up to an abandoned mine. The next day we all went up to investigate. In the mine we were attacked by some shades. During this battle a shade stuck its hand into my chest and froze my heart. Again I had to rely on the damned human to save my sorry hide!

After exiting the mine and resting, we saw a shimmering portal near ariver. As we approached the portal were attacked by a group of zombies rising out of the river. I did actually manage to damage them, with tiny knicks here and there. Eventually I made a fantastic blow and caved the chest cavity of my opponent in. At long last a decent roll....

No comments: