Thursday, August 23, 2007

Browser-based MMORPGs

Last week a friend of mine gave me the latest copy of PC Gamer to read. I came across an article on Omerta, a browser-based gangster MMORPG set in the 1930s. I gave it a go and it was quite fun. Bit of a bad move on my part though!

After voting for the game I found masses of these things. I started playing Bulfleet - a space empire game that is reminiscent of the classic 'Supremacy' game that those of you who had a Commodore 64 or Amiga might fondly remember. Boy, the amount of hours I wasted on that game, and I never did manage to win the 32 planet game. Oh well.

I didn't stop there. I am now also playing Imperia Online, which is similar in scope to Bulfleet, but is set in Medieval times. I like the resource gathering and empire building techniques in both of these games.

The latest one that I am completely hooked on is Gladiatus. This one is different from the rest in that it is more like an RPG in which you play a Gladiator and you train, fight, and adventure. Its not a resource/builder game.

If you want something to waste a few enjoyable days on then I would take a look at one of these. The best thing is that they are free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gladiatus is very good